WRITING CONTEST RULES 2022
Entries must be received by March 31, 2022
CATEGORIES: MAXIMUM LENGTH ENTRY FEE
1. Page One Only (Fiction) 1 page /350 words $35 $45
2. Short Story 3,500 words $35 $45
3. Novel 1st 10 Pages 10 pages $35 $45
4. Non-Fiction Memoir/Essay 10 pages $35 $45
5. Poetry 4 pages $35 $45Each category is judged by two or more industry professionals. You will receive the Judges’ scorecards FREE with each entry!
HOW TO ENTER
Go to the Writing Contest event on the IWG website. Click on the REGISTRATION BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. Complete the registration form, upload your writing sample (ONLY ONE submission per registration form), and pay the fee. Each writing sample submission requires a separate registration/entry form.
If you are unable to submit online, please contact Contest Director Bonnie Schroeder for accommodations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Prizes will not be awarded if no scores meet the minimum requirement (score of 75 or above). Scores are an average of all judge’s scores.
1st place winner in each category = $100
2nd place winner in each category = $50
3rd place winner in each category = $20 gift card
Awards will be presented at the Writers Conference in May 2022. Winners' names and titles of works will be posted on our website after the conference.The judges' comments will be emailed back to you after the awards ceremony.