WRITING CONTEST RULES 2021
~ HOW TO ENTER ~
Go to the Writing Contest event and fill out the registration form. You must complete a separate registration (entry) form for each writing sample you submit. You may upload your writing sample at the end of the registration form. Please do not upload more than one file per entry (your registration will be deleted and you will have to start over).
We strongly urge all contestants to register and submit their writing sample online. If you are unable to register online and upload the file, click here for a printable form and contact the Contest Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for accommodations.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1. All entries must be ORIGINAL and NOT previously published
2. Any genre is acceptable, all entries however should be adult or new adult fiction or non-fiction
3. Entries must be received by July 30, 2021.
4. All entries MUST:
* Be in English, and author’s original work
* Be double-spaced with 1” margins in 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font
* All pages of the submission must have the category number, manuscript title, genre, and page number listed in the upper right-hand corner (this can be a header outside the 1 inch margin)
5. Your name must NOT appear on any page of the manuscript. Your name should only be located on your Entry Form
6. Non-refundable fee for each entry
7. Failure to follow instructions will result in disqualification. Should your entry be disqualified, you will receive a letter stating the reason for disqualification and, time permitting, an opportunity to resubmit at no additional charge.
8. Contest scores must average at least a 75 to be eligible as a winner.
*Prizes will not be awarded if no scores meet the minimum requirement (score of 75 or above). Scores are an average of all judge’s scores.
1st place winner in each category = $100
2nd place winner in each category = $50
3rd place winner in each category - $20 gift card
Winners names, title and genre of works will be posted on our website in October.